Friday, November 4, 2011

Holiday Cards

Feel free not to look if you get cards from me. I don't normally post cards before I send them but I just can't help myself cause I am so pleased with how they came out (for once - I'm not much of a card maker). Plus they are relatively simple to make en masse



The first one is a more generic holiday card. The stamp is from Hero Arts (new this year) and was embossed with Versamark and AC Zing blue embossing powder. I then colored in the bird and tree trunks with prisma-color watercolor pencils and a blender pen and put stickles on all the snowflakes (or stars) in the sky Sentiment is from a clear acrylic set from Making Memories (maybe Fa-La-La?). The card bases are pre-made/folded cards from DCWV. Ribbon is from Michaels.


The second card is also embossed - this time with Versamark and Gold embossing powder from Ranger. The stamp is from Stampendous and I love it!!!! Card bases are also DCWV pre-fabs. Sentiment on the inside is from Inkadinkadoo and says "Wise Men Still Seek Him". I am in the process of coloring in all the cards with Sakura Glaze pens. The pics do not do them justice- the glaze pens with the embossing looks like Cloisonne :) Obviously, the coloring on these is time consuming but they look beautitul just embossed wih gold and are much easier to make en masse that way :)

6 comments:

  1. Karen, absolutely beautiful cards! You rock!
    Vickey aka sabbycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards!! Thanks for working out with us at Scrapfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards..love the bird card especially......thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, amazing cards. Your color work is beyond gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the card workout at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two cards are so eye catching. I love the block of blue and that coloring of the Wise Men is so intricate, it must take some time. You are right, it does look like Cloissone. Thanks for entering them with ScrapFIT.

    ReplyDelete