Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scrabble Tile Pendant and cheese box :)

A friend of mine had a birthday last week and we celebrated with her Saturday night. I tried my hand at a scrabble tile pendant for her. There were several mistakes along the way but I like how this cam out. I cut out a seahorse motif from Webster's 6x6 papers (these were from late 2010 or early 2011 I think??) and mounted them on a square from the opposite side. Afetr gluing it to the tile, I inked the edges and used gelly roll stardust pens on both horses. Finished it off with diamond glaze and a bail- I purposely left in air bubbles to mimic underwater.

I was concerned with how much time the diamond glaze had had to cure and wanted a box to keep it from getting hit. I ate a cow swiss cheese and suddenly had the epiphany to use the box. A little MME paper and ink for all the circular areas and washi tapes (Dear Lizzy and Amy Tan) on the sides and I had a cute gift box :)

No comments:

Post a Comment