Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sketch Mania #30 - Sympathy Card



A dear scrappy friend and her husband lost his father last week; so, I was in need of a sympathy card and made this while scrapbooking Friday night. I used Sketch Mania's #30 as a springboard for this design. Disclaimer: I am not a card-maker so my cards tend to be super-simple.
Anyway, this one layer card is on a DCWV card base and has a strip of brown CS lining the bottom border. Strips of SEI Poppy paper inked with Colorbox chalk ink are the focal point (I thought that esp appropriate since poppies are for remembrance). Sentiments on inside and out are written with a zig marker. The sentiment on the inside is Revelations 21:4 which is approx this (translations vary obviously): "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

No comments:

Post a Comment